Got an assignment and don’t know where to start with it? Stuck on a Maths problem? Like someone to check out your essay for you?
YourTutor can help!
YourTutor connects you by online chat to qualified tutors for individual help with homework, assignments, exam prep and study questions.
You may have the opportunity to access YourTutor at no cost through your school thanks to a partnership between Future Moves (Charles Sturt University) and Tutoring Australia. The schools in this partnership are listed below. Check with your Year Adviser to see if you have access.
- Denison College Bathurst High School
- Denison College Kelso High School
- Coonamble High School
- Orange High School
- Parkes High School
- Wellington High School
- Camden Haven High School
- Great Lakes College
- Hastings Secondary College Port Campus
- Hastings Secondary College Westport Campus
- Kempsey Adventist School
- Melville High School
- Wingham High School
- Coolamon Central School
- Junee High School
- Kooringal High School
- Murray High School
- Narranderra High School
- Wodonga Senior Secondary College
How do I use yourtutor?
- Log in with the YourTutor code provided by your school.
- Then request an online tutor based on your chosen subject and year level.
- You will then be connected to a subject-specialist tutor who will be able to help you with your homework, school or assignment question.
- The tutor might ask you a question like ‘ok, what can I help you with?’ To get the best out of yourtutor, it helps to ask the tutor something specific. What’s the MAIN thing you’re stuck on? Start by asking about that.
- If you are working on a math or science problem, tell the tutor the question you are trying to solve so they can help you work through it. For assignments, give the tutor your marking criteria so they can give you help and feedback that’s relevant to your task.
Don’t have access through your school?
* If you don’t have access through your school but you’d like to try yourtutor, check if your local library offers free access here. It’s also possible to sign up as an individual user – you can find out more here.